AVALA AND KOSMAJ FULL DAY TOUR
– This tour is available every day, as a full day tour
– Pick up time is 8am and return 6pm
– Our bike guides will pick you up, take you to the location and drive you back
– Two riders minimum required
– Price is €84.80 per person, with lunch at local restaurant included
– Full day rides require above beginner level
– Custom tours, private departures for groups and corporate events available. Just let us know!
On this tour we offer unique experience on mountains Avala and Kosmaj, located just south of Belgrade!
Once a watchtower over Belgrade and a mining site from 3rd century BC, Avala is today one of the favorite picnic destination of the Belgrader’s. It offers great panoramic view of the surrounding landscape – Belgrade, Vojvodina and Šumadija.
Our biking tour would start at the Avala’s top, making a round just beneath the Monument to the Unknown hero, one of Serbia’s symbols. Opened in 1938 it is a monumental complex designed by the famous sculptor Ivan Meštrović, on a place unknown Serbian World War I soldier was buried. Riding on the paved path, you would be enjoying the spectacular view. We would then make a descent through the pine forest to the Avala Tower. Standing at 204.8m, the Tower is the tallest building in the Balkans and a cafe at the top is a perfect break area.
We would then continue to Kosmaj, another mountain close to Belgrade. Hoping on the bike our tour guides will take you straight to the Kosmaj Monument – a futuristic spaceship-like monument dedicated to the fallen fighters against fascism. We would then take a ride through the oak woods enjoying the nature, its sounds and scenery.
Don’t miss this opportunity as story says even legendary Argonauts visited Avala in their quest to find the Golden Fleece!